As a small business owner, you’ve faced some of your biggest challenges over the last few years. Small business owners the world over are learning how to re-engage with their customers and adapt to new demands in the marketplace, and you’re no different. Now is an excellent time to explore industry trends that can assist you in planning for your future and creating new opportunities. We’ve compiled a list of some emerging small business trends to watch in 2022 to help understand where your clients’ interests lie today so that you can stay ahead of the curve.
What Are The Top Three Small Business Trends This Year?
- Mobile marketing is one of the biggest small business trends in the world, and there is no indication that it will change. Mobile marketing is when your business markets to your mobile-user audience via smartphones or tablets. Smartphone ownership continues to grow rapidly around the world, so the most direct channel to your audience is going to be through their phones. You can also use an app to connect with customers and cater to users on the go. With their consent, you can keep your customers up-to-date by sending text messages of your latest promotion and more. Geo-targeting enables you to reach out to potential clients in your area using Google ads, allowing you to target mobile users in specific geographical locations.
- Creating an online community will foster valuable connections around your brand. You’ll be able to establish yourself as an authority in your industry and gain the trust of your audience by sharing quality content in your field of expertise. You may choose to offer webinars – professional classes, workshops, or presentations delivered online – which can help you to engage a larger audience. Live streaming, a live Q&A, or online courses are other options to support your community. Creating a blog can also help solidify your voice in your field of business. This will continuously link you to your audience. You can allow site visitors to reach you at any time by adding a LiveChat app to your site that is always there to help guide them through any questions or concerns they might have.
- There has been a steady shift of brick and mortar stores taking their businesses and services online and launching successful eCommerce websites over the past few years. Most small businesses are looking to eCommerce to create new opportunities for their business through selling their merchandise online, either as their primary source of income or in addition to regular practices. You may find that opening an eCommerce store can improve your operations in ways that will surprise you. If you have a brick-and-mortar operation and are ready to expand your brand beyond what you produce yourself, you can make that happen by adding drop shipping to your online store. This allows you to sell merchandise without paying for inventory! Items will be created on the spot only after being ordered, using print-on-demand.
What Are Some Ways I Can Stay On Top Of The Latest Business Trends?
Staying abreast of the latest trends in the business world can be hard work. You will need to read and research often to see what’s happening. Some good places to look for information are:
- News Media
- Business Magazines and Websites (i.e., Forbes, Hubspot, etc.)
- Business Podcasts
- Networking with other business owners
- Business Growth & Development Experts and Mentors
I’m Anna-Vija McClain. As an award-winning entrepreneur, speaker, and sought-after expert on small business growth and professional development, I have the knowledge and expertise needed to help you achieve your business dreams and goals. I offer education through webinars and Piccolo University, and I am happy to speak to your organization.
As we head into 2022, I am here to help you incorporate the latest business and marketing trends into your business strategy so that you can make this year your best year yet! Contact me today, and let’s get started!