Starting a small business is fun and exciting, at least in the beginning, during the planning stage. You imagine yourself doing amazing things like inventing a product that will revolutionize the world or creating a service that is the envy of the business community.
However, once you launch your business, your confidence often drains away, leaving you with that “what have I done?” feeling. As a small business owner myself, I can assure you that I was nervous initially, too. I was worried that customers wouldn’t like my product. I was afraid that I wouldn’t secure the revenue I needed to keep the doors open, and feared that my competition would get the better of me.
Every small business owner needs a little business advice to help them keep the faith, so I am committed to helping small business owners achieve all their business dreams and goals by sharing my own experiences.
What Are Three Top Tips For Building And Running A Successful Small Business?
My three favorite top tips for building (and running) a successful small business are:
- Get (and stay) connected. Find a mentor eager to help a rising entrepreneur; explore business communities or even LinkedIn connections to find someone willing to help you on your business journey. Sign up for business training and development events to make further connections.
- Make room in your budget to produce professional marketing videos to post on your website, email your customer base, or share on social media. If you don’t have video editing expertise, hire someone to do it so you don’t end up wasting your time and money on specialized software.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) isn’t a new technique, but you’d be surprised how many businesses neglect the practice. Many webpages get zero organic searches from Google, while a tiny number get over 100 visits. Create a content strategy using blogs and videos that target keywords that make sense for your business. By creating focused, fresh content, you’ll be rewarded by search engines, which are getting better at identifying high-quality content that matches what users are looking for. Use services like Google Analytics to identify keywords and determine what your potential customers are looking for in search engines. It will help you stay on top of the latest trends.
How Can I Learn More About Running A Successful Business?
Everyone goes through hard times; the market could be slow, your creativity isn’t what it was, or you have employee issues — anything can happen. That’s when it’s helpful to have someone on your team who has been there.
- Contact me for helpful tips and advice! I would love to sit down with you and talk about how we can work together to solve your challenges.
- I have developed learning tools for small business owners like Piccolo University. Piccolo University is an online training program that offers courses to teach you everything you need to know. It will help you build a comprehensive, effective, and replicable digital marketing strategy. Learn everything from creating social media and email marketing strategies to SEO and blogging best practices, steps for building a website, and so much more.
- I am also available to speak to business owners and groups, delivering educational, actionable advice while empowering attendees to accomplish their goals. I strive to make every event a memorable experience, and I emphasize providing valuable and practical content that the audience can begin implementing immediately.
I’m AnnaVija McClain. Call me at (615) 348 7768, and let’s talk about how I can help you reach your small business goals!