We all know that old saying, “Hindsight is a wonderful thing,” and it really is. Especially when you have someone in your life who is willing to talk to you about things they wish they’d known “back in the day!”
For the last decade or so, I’ve been committed to the Nashville business community, especially small business owners (and those who wish they were). It gives me great pleasure to help others achieve their business goals and dreams!
Today I decided to share some business wisdom with you that comes from my own hindsight, things I wish I had known when I was first starting in the business world to help you in your venture.
Three Things I Didn’t Know Before Starting A Business
Often, the most significant issue you will face as you start your own business is that there is a lot to it, and you don’t actually know what you don’t know. That’s where an experienced entrepreneur can be a huge help. The three things I’m sharing today will enlighten you and inspire you.
When starting my business, I wish I had known that:
- I had way more resources to help me than I first realized; SCORE, the Entrepreneur Center, and Jumpstart Foundry — these organizations exist to connect new business owners with coaches, resources to grow, and funding.
- In business, everyone will leave you — and that isn’t a bad thing. Everyone grows and changes, and sometimes you are meant to be just a small part of someone else’s journey. Realizing that the end of business relationships is normal would have saved me a lot of hurt.
- There is no secret formula to success. Everyone is forging their path and constantly testing their theories, and success looks different to different people. It’s better to define your own success and measure your own growth path to get there than to compare your journey to others.
How I Can Help You On Your Business Journey
As you travel along on your business journey, you’ll have times when you need help. Don’t ever be afraid to ask for it! Here are some ways I can help you if you find yourself stuck:
- Come to Piccolo University! Piccolo University is my online training program that offers courses to teach you everything you need to know when building a comprehensive, practical, and replicable digital marketing strategy. You can learn everything from creating social media and email marketing strategies to SEO and blogging best practices, steps for building a website, and so much more.
- I am the youngest mentor in SCORE’s Nashville chapter, and I regularly provide digital marketing guidance and mentoring to Nashville business owners.
- I have developed courses and products for small business owners and young professionals to overcome roadblocks and more quickly and effectively achieve their goals. From streamlining business systems to automating processes and developing talent, I’ve developed solutions backed by years of experience (also known as hindsight) to help you transform your business and your life.
I’m AnnaVija McClain, and I’m here for you. You can learn a bit more about me here. Or we can just sit down over a cup of coffee and talk about life, business, and how you can achieve your dreams. Call me today at (615) 348 7768 or contact me online.
I look forward to meeting you!