So you’ve built a super-attractive website that generates traffic, and that’s amazing! While that’s a great thing, if those same visitors are not converting into paying customers who are purchasing what you are offering, it’s an exercise in futility.
I have to ask: Are you tracking your conversion rates? It is vital information to have on hand as you address the conversion of your website visitors. For example, suppose you’re investing in pay-per-click advertisers. You can find the percentage of people who clicked the ad, made the next step of visiting your website, and then took additional action—such as submitting a contact form or requesting an estimate. From here, you can create measurable actions that you can then use to determine the success rate.
Now, About Those Website Changes
I’ve got three changes you can make to your website that will help you convert your viewers into customers. Most are very inexpensive ideas since I am not about adding to overhead costs, unless necessary! The result should be a much better return on your investment, though, whatever that ends up being.
Here are three changes that I think are going to bring you the best results:
- Provide easy access to customer service. To me, this is a total game-changer. I know the digital world is convenient and fast, but how often have you had an issue that just did not fit in a pre-assembled box of problems, and you just needed a human? Right?
- Offer a toll-free number and make it highly visible. This goes with number one.
- Use your return policies to convert visitors to customers. Your customer wants to have that additional assurance that what they purchase online will work for them just how you say it will. They want to trust you, however you can help them to not only trust you but to continue their relationship with you by your confidence and belief in your product – if it isn’t what I say it is, send it back at no charge. Win-win.
Bonus Tips, Just For You
- Make your site secure and make your security protocols known to anyone who visits you. Privacy and security concerns are huge in the online environment. Ensure your viewers know that you have their back; they will make you a favorite shopping spot.
- Give your visitors multiple payment options. There are many ways to complete a purchase online these days, and everyone has their own go-to. If they know that your website allows them to use their preferred method, they’ll shop with you.
In addition to attracting traffic to your site, it’s known you need to get visitors to take the desired action once they arrive. As we discussed today, set up tracking mechanisms and calculate conversion rates. Make changes to your website and watch your conversion rates take off!
I’m AnnaVija McClain. For the past decade, it has been my pleasure to help business owners boost their profitability while achieving increased personal fulfillment. I would love to sit down with you and talk about how I can help you achieve your own business goals and dreams. Let’s talk!