As a business owner, you’re always trying to find ways to expand your business, and particularly, your business reach. In the social media sphere, there are many ways to reach and influence potential customers.
One such way is Pinterest. Purely based on numbers, you need to have a Pinterest presence for your business. With 75 million monthly active users in the United States, 50 billion + pins, and making up more than 30% of all social media use, there is a huge potential for finding and engaging new customers.
But, where to start? Check out these tips for developing and growing your Pinterest presence for business success:
- Convert to a business page. Visually, there is no difference in how pages appear to a pinner. To you, however, there are many benefits to using a business page, including analytics and metrics key for tracking users and engagement.
- Create boards that represent your business. Consumers like to shop with brands they feel a connection with. Sharing a little insight into your business, employees, and brand philosophy can help to develop that relationship. TIP: include your business name in your board title, such as “Life at Piccolo Marketing.”
- Respond to commenters. As users are pinning, sharing, and commenting on your pins, interact with them. Thank them directly for the share. Reply to their comment. Just like people appreciate timely and appropriate responses in person, your interaction through social media will be appreciated.
- Host a group board. Creating a group board can be a great way to increase engagement. As the moderator, you can invite users to contribute to the board and manage pins for appropriateness. This can be a great way to drive conversation and create a buzz around a particular topic.
- Use a variety of content. Pinterest is the perfect place to gather ALL of your marketing materials, including images, audio, and video. This capability is grossly underutilized on Pinterest and can be a great way to stand out from the crowd.
Click here for more tips on making Pinterest work for your business.
Need help developing and maintaining your social media presence across a variety of platforms? We can help! Give us a call at Piccolo Marketing at 615-348-7768 to get started.