It’s that time of year when family, thanksgiving, gratitude, and giving take center stage again (as they rightly should!). As your personal life gets busier over the holiday season, a simple shift in interpersonal communication can help to keep your progress toward business and networking goals moving forward.
Did you know that same spirit can pay off huge dividends in business? More specifically, consider how thankfulness can increase your networking success:
- Send a handwritten note. Pick out a new client, a loyal customer you haven’t seen in awhile, or a referral partner you’ve recently been in contact with and send them a note of thanks. Make it simple, and most importantly, thoughtful.
- Make a referral. Share the wealth! Remember that client who requested something just outside of your comfort zone? Reach out to someone in your network of referral partners for advice or to bring on to complete the project. People enjoy being recognized and appreciated for their expertise.
- Give a gift. A small gift, like a gift card or cookies, can go a long way in saying “thanks” to an employee who deserves recognition or a referral partner who sent a new client your way. You’ll be amazed at how a small act of giving can brighten your day.
- Invite new contacts out for coffee. You’ll never know how you can work together with someone until you meet. A more personal meeting is a great opportunity to really learn about someone, explore how your two business worlds can interact, and understand what your individual needs are. Give it a try!
- Try something new. Consider stepping outside of your comfort zone with that invitation to a networking event or business industry group. Make plans to work towards one of your “loftier” business or personal goals. You never know when or where you’ll meet the right person to take your business to the next level. The sky’s the limit!
While it’s great to implement these strategies now, I challenge you to carry this same spirit of thankfulness into your networking and business dealings throughout the year! You won’t be disappointed with the positive results that will soon come your way!
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Piccolo Marketing!
Struggling to Build Your Damn Business? Check out our website today for access to FREE business-building resources and online tools.