It’s easy to get lulled into the security of your routine. But that same security may be just the thing that is keeping you from taking your business (and earning potential) to the next level. Consider how your marketing strategy is affecting your business growth with these 5 steps:
- Analyze your current situation. Summarize your current situation with a SWOT analysis. Conduct a thorough review of your company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Has anything changed since your last SWOT analysis? Namely, where have you made improvements and where are you still struggling? Create a plan to attack those continued weaknesses and threats. But don’t lose sight of the progress you’ve made in other areas – keep it going!
- Reassess your target audience. Are you reaching the right people? Is there another marketing method that would better attract and retain your audience? Specifically, consider how any changes you are making in step 1 need to be accommodated.
- Review (and possibly reset) your 2018 goals. Are you on track to meet your quarterly and yearly goals? Based on your SWOT analysis, do your original goals make sense? Consider what, if any, adjustments need to be made based on your results to date and the influence your current marketing strategy has on your audience.
- Assess the strength of your marketing tactics. Have your marketing tactics reached your audience? Specifically, conduct a cost-benefit analysis of each tactic. What is your ROI? Don’t forget, time is money! If you find something isn’t quite working – consider the why. This may be the perfect time to call in a marketing consultant.
- Review your budget. First – are you actually sticking to your marketing budget? Or better yet, have you not taken full advantage of the funds you’ve set aside for marketing? Your budget is an easy thing to track on a quarterly basis, so do a quick review to see where you are at! Don’t have one? Start here!
Need some help to get started with the task of perfecting and implementing your marketing strategy? Give us a call at Piccolo Marketing at 615-348-7768, we’d love to help you Build Your Damn Business!