Your company may have decided to make remote work a semi-permanent, or even permanent, part of your work experience during the last year or two. If so, like many of us, you may also have found yourself dealing with time management challenges in some instances.
Effective time management is vital for any employee, no matter where you are working. With that fact in mind, I want to share some time management tips here you can use as a remote worker so you can accomplish your goals.
What Are Three Best Practices For Time Management In My Remote Work Setting?
There are a lot of really great suggestions out there that can help you with your time management challenges, but I don’t have room to share them all here! Let’s talk about three that I think can help you to accomplish your objectives:
- When it comes to the task or project before you, focus on being in that moment. To help you here, remove or mute all distractions in your workspace, such as smartphones, tablets, televisions, etc. You may use your phone for work, but you don’t have to leave all your social media notifications on! There are lots of ways to induce focus in your life; ambient music is one that can be very beneficial. Ambient music should be specifically designed to be background noise to your work efforts and not just the latest release of your favorite artist.
- Tell your body that it’s time to start working by having a regular morning routine. Choose activities that leave you feeling refreshed and focused. It could be a morning walk, drinking a favorite tea while reading inspirational literature, yoga, a combination of these, and more. What matters most is that you stay consistent.
- One of the best ways to stay fresh and focused is to step away from your computer periodically. Find some tasks you can do with a pen and paper or while taking a phone call. Stepping away from your screen will help you avoid unnecessary eye strain and fatigue, allowing you to make the most of your time when you do return to the computer.
I think it will surprise you just how much staying focused will help you both save and manage your time during your work hours!
What Are Some Other Great Ways To Help Me Reach My Work Goals?
No matter where you work, I know you want to do your very best. I’ve created some resources for small business owners and employees to help them reach their goals.
- My Blog. I share information about many aspects of doing business in my blogs; from marketing tips to website maintenance to why curiosity is a great thing to have – you can find it all here!
- Speaking. I am available to speak at your business location! I strive to make every event a memorable experience and emphasize delivering valuable and practical content that my audience can begin implementing immediately.
I’m AnnaVija McClain. It is my very great pleasure to help the business community of Nashville, Tennessee and beyond. Call me at (615) 348 7768, and let’s talk about how I can help you!